Monday, December 10, 2007

The pressure is getting on me...

...or am i the one giving myself pressure?

The thing i'm talking about is our ICCHS IU Day. That's International Understanding Day FYI.

It's kinda a big burden you know? I'm IU Director and i'm supposed to make this thing HAPPEN! It's not easy at all....planning such a major event requires skill, experience, endurance and enthusiasm....

i have none of the above criteria....except probably the enthusiasm part. I have a lot of planning and work to do.

List of DO's:
-get ready to work list. Registration, Ushering, Decoration etc etc.
-write out an AMUSING script for the IU sketch.
-hire a DJ (shafiq, get me that contact QUICK)
-contact the LM to rent chairs and tables, need to estimate how many people will turn up or else i really don't know how many chairs to rent. =(
-find a pair of good Emcee's
-plan the programme book
-invite the Rotarians and other Interact schools to come
-get ready the audition for the performances
-draw out a budget sheet
-direct and train the actor/actresses
-IU day seating layout, need to draw
-prepare a speech
-prepare the songs and sound effects for entertainment and the sketch

God, that's all i can think of. But i bet there are more things to do that i haven't thought of yet. I am pressurized. Saturated. Ish....i used to be able to write out scripts that are funny effortlessly. Peeps from 1A3, 2B2 and 3B2 will remember distinctively how good my scripts were. I never for a mark for Oral presentation that was less than 8. But NOW, my brain juice all dried up. I can't even think of a PLOT! HELP!!!

I am not complaining or whining. Just pressured. I love being IU Director, but i sincerely hope things will turn out well.....


Once again, ATTENTION TO ALL B.O.D AND INTERACTORS! PLEASE REPORT YOURSELF TO ME ASAP THROUGH MSN OR E-MAIL. I NEED ALL OF YOUR HELP AND PARTICIPATION. REMIND EACH OTHER PLEASE. THANK YOU! PASS THE MESSAGE ON!


sigh

No comments: