Saturday, December 29, 2007

I have to type this before i forget.

I don't really know how to begin this, it's quite thought-provoking,at least to me.

Yes, admit it, we usually scorn and mock those who tend to fall under this 'emo' spell, we say they're immature or just over-reacting. But i believe we all have the right to 'emo' sometimes at this age, it's inevitable.

I usually receive these kinds of SMS's or MSN messages:

"Victor, i'm damn depressed and down now laa...."
"Hey, life sucks you know?"
"I hate my life, my parents...."

Yes, we will all feel that way sometimes, and i mean ALL of us. You vehemently deny this, but deep down ,we tend to feel insecure, bitter and just plain down once in a blue moon.

All i want to say, it's OK. Don't be afraid to feel sad or hurt. Wash yourself with this emotion, then get over it. I will admit, i can be very 'emo' sometimes, 'cause i want a lot in life, and i can't get them. It's frustrating. The one you care about is sad and down, and you can't cheer her/him up, then you start getting 'emo' yourself.

You see? It's actually a pattern, a circle. At this age, we have to be 'emo', only then we can grow. How you ask? When we 'emo', we feel all sorts of negative emotions, and we occasionally get carried away. But, by doing this, we have almost felt all the bad things you can imagine of, and then when we get older, we can just get over it faster, cause we know what it feels like. I'm not sure if you get me, it's complicated, and i'm not really good with words.

Now, i will say i'm feeling 'emo' now. It's frustrating and maddening. She's feeling down and sad, you want to cheer her up, but you can't. Then she rambles on about her crush, keeps reminding you what a wonderful guy he is. It hurts don'tcha know? Sigh.

But i'll get over it, i promise myself, i WILL. When i think about it, i'm just being jealous and silly. If she likes him so much, fine, i will accept the fact that i will just be her friend, and never that 'special' someone. The least i can do is to be there for her when she's sad or down, or just needs a shoulder to lean on(but i don't think it'll be mine =( ) Eventhough it is painful, i will swallow and chew down the fact i'm chasing a false dream.

I will get over this,but i never said it was easy.

SO! If you have reached this part, i thank you for being so patient with me. Yes, you might disagree with me at some point, but that's my thought. It's just life.

I will embrace the new year. I will NOT look back, no more dreaming, no more 'what if's'.

EMBRACE THE FUTURE!!!!!!

No comments: